TSPL Seeks Our Newest Circulation Assistant
Title: Circulation Assistant
Hours: Part-Time (20-24 hrs weekly), Non-Exempt
Starting Salary: $11.00, increasing to $11.50 after 90 days
Reports To: Circulation Manager
Posting Closes: March 1, 2019
A satisfactory background check, high school diploma or equivalent, and a valid driver’s license are required.
This position requires the ability to lift up to forty pounds on an occasional basis, as well as the ability to frequently bend, stretch, reach, and maneuver loads on book carts. This position requires extended periods of both sitting and standing.
Position contingent upon successful background check and satisfactory performance during a probationary period of 90 days.
The schedule for this position requires flexibility; candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends. Candidates must also be willing to travel locally and attend meetings in the region or within the state on an infrequent basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS
· Passionate about providing quality patron service.
· Exercises sound professional judgment.
· Establishes a comfortable, engaging, and professional rapport with staff and patrons.
· Works collaboratively with others.
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Manages time well; works independently, accurately, and with attention to detail.
· Self-motivated, organized, effective, and efficient.
· Retains, follows, and explains organizational procedures, processes, and policies.
· Committed to on-going development and skill acquisition.
· Comfortable using and explaining common technologies, software, and hardware.
· Fun, hardworking, responsible, creative, and compassionate.
· Greets patrons; assists or refers them to other departments them according to their needs.
· Provides direct service to the public; maintains composure in stressful situations.
· Performs Standard Circulation Duties, including:
o Opening and closing procedures
o Preparing the day’s money drawer
o Checking library materials in and out
o Processing renewals and hold requests
o Calling patrons as needed
o Emptying the book drop
o Cleaning and minor mending of materials
o Sorting materials for shelving, holds, or transit
o Registering new borrowers, update patrons’ records
o Collecting fines, fees, and other monies and accept donations
o Answering telephones
· Attends and participates in Circulation Department and All-Staff meetings.
· Makes recommendations for services improvements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Mandi Gruss at email@example.com by March 1, 2019.
No phone calls, please.