Youth Services Page
Tiffin-Seneca Public Library seeks someone dependable and detail-oriented to become our new Youth Services Page. You will shelve juvenile and teen materials and ensure they are in order. Part-time, 15 hours weekly with a set schedule. Starting wage is $8.55. Email cover letter, resume, & three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14. No phone calls please.
Reports to: Youth Services Manager
Hours: Part Time (15 hours/wk)
Starting Hourly Rate: $8.55
High School diploma required. At least 1 year of experience in a customer-service oriented position. Previous library experience strongly preferred. Background check required and successful completion of 90-day probationary period required.
This position requires the ability to stand for extended periods, to lift and manipulate materials and equipment up to 40 lbs frequently, and to bend, stoop, stretch and reach.
Part-Time (15 hrs/wk). Successful applicant must be able to work a set weekday schedule, currently either 10-3 or 12-5, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This schedule is subject to change depending on future needs of the library.
The Youth Services Page serves TSPL’s patrons by helping to shelve and organize materials in the library’s juvenile and young adult collections. Helps prepare the Youth Services department’s facilities for use. Reads shelves to ensure materials are correctly placed, assists patrons with simple directional questions, and refers patrons to the appropriate staff member for more complex questions.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Focused on accuracy and detail
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions
· Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system and other library filing systems
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
· Ability and willingness to uphold the general rules, policies, and procedures of the library
· Ability to accept and accommodate change in the workplace
· Shelves library materials in proper order
· Does shelf reading to assure materials are in proper order
· Participate in maintenance of the Junior Library space, collections, exhibits, posters and displays
· Help prepare the library for opening, closing, or special events
· Answers directional questions
· Refers patrons to appropriate library staff as needed
· Other duties as assigned